Wednesday 20 July 2011

Broccoli, leek and Pea Soup

Photobucket

Your all going to think I'm a big weirdo for saying this but I actually kind of like all the rain were having at the moment, I know it's July and we should be spending long lazy day's in the park playing Frisbee, eating ice cream and drinking Pimms, and I really do love doing all those things.
But I also love wearing snugly socks, listening to radio 4 whilst watching the rain drip down my window eating a big bowl of homemade soup even though that does make me sound about twice my age.

Broccoli, Leek and Pea Soup

Large Head of Broccoli
2 big leeks
4 big handfuls of frozen peas
home-made chicken/veg stock or Swiss bouillon
Salt and Pepper
Creme Fraiche to serve (optional)

Saute the leeks in butter and little a little oil until soft then add your chopped broccoli and cook for a few minutes before adding your stock. Season with a little salt and pepper and leave to cook until your veg is starting to soften. At the last moment add your peas as cook very quickly. Now blend it all together and add any more seasoning if it needs it and stir a dollop of creme fraiche in which I think go's really well with peas.
It's a lovely fresh tasting soup but with all soups I think it will taste better the next day when the flavours have had time to mature.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I'd love a bowl of this and some rain on the side. It is HOT, HOT, HOT here.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm perhaps we could do some kind of weather swap, I'm sure everyone else in the UK would love some sunshine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sound nice and delicious Pistacchio! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rain is miserable. It's coming down in bucket-loads as I write this and only a bowl of that luscious green will do!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This soup sounds delicious! I am a fan of cozy weather myself! If only it would cool off here in Washington, DC!

    - Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad someone else feels like me about summer rain...I just love to hear it drumming against the window pains, and the radio 4 and snuggly sock bit too...and the great vegetables around at the moment make great summer soups.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know exactly what you mean about the rain. This looks like the perfect comfort food for the weather at the moment!

    ReplyDelete