Wednesday 2 May 2012

Cherry Fridge Cake


At last I have the internet again, it has been nearly a month without it and to be honest I didn't really miss it that much but it has been frustrating not being able to blog. I hated the thought of my blog just sitting there looking like she had been abandoned! Anyway enough of that and here is a very simple and very delicious recipe for a fridge that cake that I have adapted from 'The Hummingbird Bakery' cookbook.

400g Unsalted Butter
200ml Golden Syrup
100g Cocoa Powder
800g Digestive Biscuits
200g Raisins
10 Glace Cherry's
100g Milk Chocolate
100g Dark Chocolate







 






 Melt the butter in a pan
 













Then add the golden syrup and cocoa powder














 Next crush the biscuits














Mix the cherry's and raisins together and put the chocolate mixture into the mixing bowl along with the bars of chocolate broken into chunks














Put it in a baking tray and leave in the fridge to set for a few hours or overnight














Yummy yummy fridge cake, I love the texture of the biscuits,cherry's and raisins.
So easy to make with little effort but it is not healthy in ant was what so ever and hard to not keep eating strait from the fridge! I heated a slice up and had it with clotted cream ice cream, also not good for your health!
 

















6 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Missed you. This cake looks the business. Like always, your posts make me want to cook/eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look heavenly good. Yummy recipe. Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. i bet this tastes sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really appreciate on your post.... and I got an usefull information about the matter... I just tried to write the same post...
    buy top fridge for sale in sharjah

    ReplyDelete