Friday 2 November 2012

Lot's of Home-Made Bread

I have a confession to make, I had never made bread before and I really do think it's one of those things I should have done already but I always thought it would be hard and it turns out it's actually rather easy, horray!
I am currently studying 'Culinart Arts's' at university and in my lesson this week we spent four hours making different types of bread from the book 'Dough: Simple Contemporary Breads' by  Richard Bertinet and I absolutely loved it.




















My lovely french stick, it was a but thin but tasted great.




















Small milk rolls that I made with some left over dough.




















This is a garlic, rosemary and sea salt foccacia which I made using a dough that I added semolina and olive oil to.




















These are lovely little bits of dough stuffed with home-made pesto. I believe they are French but have totally forgotten what they are called!




















This pretty bread is called 'Fougass' and is on the front cover of the book 'Dough: Simple Contemporary Breads'




















Another lovely bread that is made by shaping your dough in to a French stick type shape and then getting a pair of scissors and snipping it down the middle and pulling the snipped parts to each side.
I am definitely going to be making bread as often as I can now I know how easy and rewarding it is.


7 comments:

  1. I would like to think that your experience will tip my personal scales and get me into the bread experience. We'll see. Yours look marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i'm super impressed! the pesto-stuffed rolls sound delicious and i especially loved the look of the fougasse. glad you are loving your course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an excellent collection of bread. It all looks really good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowee Sam you have been busy! They all look yummy but I love the look and sound of the doughballs stuffed with pesto! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Impressive Bread selection, I am yet to master the art of making bread!
    I wanted to drop you a line, as I live just outside of Brighton and love taking photos of food and still life. If you are interested a collaborating, please pop by my blog and drop a line.
    http://athomewithred.blogspot.co.uk/
    Thanks, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Estupenda receta me gusta el pan hecho en casa,abrazos y abrazos

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good soup and toastie combo - for some reason I'm loving Italian Wedding soup with a cheese and Marmite toastie on the side, yum!

    ReplyDelete